21Of the three, he was more honourable than the two; for he was their captain: howbeit he attained not to the first three.
22Benaiah the son of Jehoiada, the son of a valiant man of Kabzeel, who had done many acts; he slew two lionlike men of Moab: also he went down and slew a lion in a pit in a snowy day.Next Verse 23
Many times we complain that we do not know how to pray or why to pray. There are many reasons to approach God in prayer. But I would like to share with you this note about prayer.
1) To seek the face of the Lord and to know Him better (Psalm 27:8).
Psalm 27:8: When thou saidst, Seek ye my face, my heart hath answered thy face, Lord I will seek.
2) To remove your eyes from your problems and place them in the Lord (Psalm 121:1).
Psalm 121:1: I will lift up mine eyes unto the mountains; Where does my help come from?.
3) To speak with God (1 Peter 3:12).
1 Peter 3:12: For the eyes of the Lord are upon the righteous, and his ears are attentive to his prayers; But the face of the Lord is against those who do evil
4) To remove the burdens of your heart (Psalm 142:1-2)
1- I cry to the Lord with my voice; With my voice I beg the Lord.
2 - In front of him I expose my complaint; In his manifest presence my anguish.
5) That your petitions may be known by God (Matthew 21:22).
Matthew 21:22: And whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.